Vegan Pancake Recipe
Here is a vegan pancake recipe that is perfect for Shrove Tuesday/pancake day. These pancakes are wonderfully light and fluffy and perfect topped with fresh fruit!
Prep time - 5 minutes
Cook time - 10 minutes
1 1/2 cups white spelt flour (you can use all purpose flour if you wish)
1 1/2 Tablespoons backing powder
1 1/2 cups non-dairy milk (I use unsweetened almond milk)
3 Tablespoons organic cane sugar
3 Tablespoons Organic canola oil
a pinch of salt
Vagen buttery spread for pan
Your desired fruit for serving
1. Mix all the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
2. Add wet ingredients and let rise for about five minutes
3. Melt a tablespoon of vegan butter in a large frying pan over medium heat
4. Spoon the batter into the pan, and cook until you see the edges starting to turn golden brown (about 5 minutes)
5. Flip pancakes and continue to cook until done (about 3 minutes)
6. Serve with vegan butter spread and syrup, or desired fruit topping and enjoy!