How to Use Sunscreen
We're constantly being told how important it is to wear sunscreen, but rarely are we told how to wear it. If you've ever wondered if you're using sunscreen the right way, you aren't alone.
- Sunscreen is not an alternative to covering up with suitable clothing and seeking shade, but it does offer additional protection if applied correctly. When buying sunscreen, make sure it's suitable for your skin type and blocks both ultraviolet A (UVA) and ultraviolet B (UVB) radiation.
- Sunscreen application isn't a once and done deal, and just because you're wearing sunscreen doesn't mean you can't get burned. Always reapply throughout the day if you are going to be spending the day outdoors. However on a normal day, which generally means to and from work and a short walk at lunch, an effective amount of sunscreen applied in the morning is still going strong when you're on the way home.
At The Beauty Clinic Fulham we have our top favourite sunscreen protection in the form of Award Winning Hydropeptide Solar Defense Broad Spectrum SPF 30. We love using this as part of our skincare routines on a regular, all year round basis and it's the first product we recommend to anyone looking to protect their skin & reduce sun damage.
HydroPeptide Solar Defense Broad Spectrum SPF 30 physically blocks 97% of UV rays that can cause sun burn and premature aging as it hydrates and rejuvenates your skin. A soft smart-tint automatically adjusts to your skin tone for flawless coverage while antioxidant-rich acai extract neutralizes free radicals. Niacin calms redness and galangal root reduces excess oil production to prevent shine.
- Titanium Dioxide and Zinc Oxide, physical blocking sunscreens, offer broad spectrum protection against UVA and UVB damage.
- A Moisture-Binding Peptide rich in protein and derived from yeast extract reactivates epidermal lipids and allows for improved, long-lasting hydration. Significantly decreases the sebaceous secretion of oily skin, leaving a non-shiny appearance.
- Self-adjusting sphere's perfectly blend to any skin tone without leaving a white, chalky appearance, thus camouflaging mild hyperpigmentation and redness while offering a more even, flawless, matte finish.
- Oil-free formula that doesn't leave a greasy feel. Aloe, niacin and sodium hyaluronate perfectly balance hydration.
- Hydrates and leaves a non-shiny appearance
- Calming and protects against UVA and UVB damage without leaving a white, chalky appearance
- Nourishes and protects the skin and provides antimicrobial properties while delaying the signs of aging
- Kills acne bacteria and protects against UV rays
- Flawless, even, matte complexion
HOW TO USE:
Apply daily to face before makeup and 15 minutes before sun exposure. Re-apply as needed and immediately after swimming, perspiring, or towel drying.