We throw the word "stress" around all the time... but what does it actually mean? When it comes to stress, misconceptions about its causes, symptoms and treatments are everywhere.
It all start from within and being at peace in your mind, so our first tip is to Be Grateful:
- Practice gratitude daily. Take 5 minutes at the end of your day to chill and write down a small list of the things that made you smile, laugh, or that you’re glad are a part of your life. DON’T compare yourself to anyone else either, it only leads a negative mind-set. Rock your individual talents and shine through your unique self.
- Never underestimate the power of a smile, a kind gesture, sympathetic word or a listening ear – all of which are easy to give and cost you nothing. Let go of whatever anger or resentment you’re holding within yourself. If you don’t, you’re doing far more harm to yourself than anyone else ever could.
Find Inspiration Daily... Learn from the world around you, adapt to it & take it all in:
- Whatever you’re doing, a mega dose of inspiration can help keep you going, take it to the next level or transform it into something wild & completely different. Make yourself aware of what’s possible in this world and be surprised at how it starts to change your own life.
“If you treat an individual as he is, he will remain how he is. But if you treat him as if he were what he ought to be and could be, he will become what he ought to be and could be.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- That means excersing regularly to not only look your best but also feel your best, being fit is more than just about looks as in the long run it will help you lead a healthy life. Eating well & making healthy food choices goes hand in hand with excercise and it's something that should be a priority in your life. When we feed our bodies with good, nourishing foods we feel happier overall and it also means that we can cope with life's struggles better.
Lastly we always recommend to Treat Yourself, whether it happens on a regular basis or once in a while:
- Take time out of your busy schedule to create some me time and most importantly to relax and recharge... you may want to treat yourself to a relaxing tension massage, a pampering manicure/pedicure or even a luxurious facial. Whatever your choice may be, we have the right treatment for your needs so don't hesitate to pop into our salon to talk to one of our skilled therapists.