Anti-Inflammatory Gut Health Smoothie
The key to an anti-inflammatory smoothie is turmeric and ginger, both of which do amazing things for your digestion.
- Always add organic turmeric to smoothies
- Turmeric is vital to anti-inflammation and I always recommend trying to supplement turmeric with black pepper in addition to putting it in smoothies.
- Ginger is another great anti-inflammatory. Top tip - if peeling only peel very thinly as most of the goodness is located in the top layer.
Other health benefits to this smoothie
- The chia seeds are great for getting a dose of gently absorbing soluble fibre.
- Banana also has soluble fibre which is much gentler on the stomach. Remember this type of fibre is quite easy to digest
- Hemp protein is a great source of non-dairy protein and omega 3 too.
- Almond milk provides calcium
What you will need
- 1 banana
- 1 tablespoon of cashew nut butter
- 1 tablespoon of ground turmeric and sprinkle of black pepper
- 2 thumb size pieces of ginger, chopped finely and peeled
- 1 teaspoon of chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon of hemp powder
- 1-4 cup of gluten free muesli or oats
- 1 cup of almond milk
All you need to do is mix it all together using a blender and you have the perfect breakfast smoothie.